Thursday, October 29, 2009

Leigh and Dan, Best Seat in the House

I love weddings! Leigh and Dan's wedding at the Wrigley Mansion on Saturday was quite the event. The special day was designed by Monica McQueen of Tres Chic Events. The wedding day was filled with glamour from beginning to end. Glamour, glamour, glamour . . . sigh. . .

Leigh and Dan have such a deep love for each other. There were quite a few teary eyes in the abundance of emotion - the bride, the bridal party, . . . the photographer! (I make it a policy to not let anybody cry alone!) I always feel such a sense of privilege when I get to photograph a wedding, documenting all the little moments that uniquely make up the wedding day. My goal is to document the day and give a collection of images that show the main events, but also the peripherals- the things that happen on the sidelines that may have gone unnoticed.

I LOVE this image!!!! The Wrigley is a very refined backdrop!
Leigh is surrounded by so much love in her life. I love how one of the sweet bridesmaids came and gave Leigh a back massage to help keep her nerves 'tamed'. I caught Leigh's mom catching a bird's eye view, taking in the whole scene from out of sight. I can only imagine what must be going through her mind.
The exquisite flowers were by Garage By Ivy . I don't think I've ever seen a more beautiful bouquet. Her shoes were killer, and of course- my shoe-lovin' self had to give a little extra love with 2 images of these heels.

Look at how gorgeous Leigh is! I told you the day was filled with glamour!


This is one of my favorite images of the day. I didn't plan this shot at all- I just happened to look up, saw it happening, and quickly snapped it. Thank goodness my settings were right!!!


This little gem was shot by my talented second-shooter for the day, Amy of Amy Glover Photography. Amy is such a professional and did a fantastic job! Her husband, Steve came and assisted/third-shot. His help was invaluable! THIS is the way to shoot a wedding!
Another stunner from Amy-
Details and images of the preparations for the start of the ceremony. . . gorgeous!!!
What an entrance!!!! I'm at a loss for words. She really was the most amazingly beautiful bride!
I love how you can see her eyes welled up with tears in the next one. . . He looks so happy, so in love.


A final blessing from the guests sparked this united gesture from the dads. Beautiful.
This is another one of my favorite images of the day-
Another one from Amy-

Ahhhh, the romance!
This stunning image below was Amy's capture.
Monica's color palette was as rich and elegant as the venue. She is the best at putting together colors in creative ways that somehow make ordinary colors look brand new. Monica, Master Colorologist. There- new title for you, Ms. McQueen.
The whole night I just couldn't get over how amazing Leigh looked. Love this glimpse she threw back at the camera.


The dancing was so awesome at this wedding!!! I have to credit very fun guests AND the DJ! A fabulous reception starts and ends with an amazing DJ!! Thanks, Rich Mancini from Music Doctors!



Thank you, Dan and Leigh. The day was truly spectacular! And lucky me. I had the best seat in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment