Thursday, November 5, 2009

Carissa and Mark, "I'm getting MARRIED today!!"

Carissa and Mark are dear friends of ours. My husband and I were thrilled when he was asked to perform the ceremony and I was asked to photograph the wedding. We feel so blessed to have been a part of their big day in such special ways.

All day as Carissa and the girls were getting ready, Carissa would randomly chirp out, "Guess what!?! I'm getting married today!" I must have heard it 20 times! It was so sweet to hear how excited she was as she anticipated the day she had been waiting for her whole life. She was such a beautiful bride!
A strong foundation for their marriage- Proverbs 3:5,6
The family and bridesmaids stopped to pray together before Carissa got dressed. It was so beautiful to see the way they honored God and offered the day and the marriage up to Him.
I am in love with this image! I processed it to look like an aged, antique photograph. Carissa looks so elegant, so timeless. (And yes! Her hair looked absolutely GORGEOUS!)

Giving it some attitude with some sweet backlighting . . .
Don't you just love it!? She looks like she's straight out of a bridal magazine! Stun-ning!


The guys looking super cool . . . (I LOVE working with long shadows and dramatic backlighting!)
The mother of the groom and her crew put together the most amazing details for the ceremony at Camelback Bible Church. I have never seen the sanctuary look this beautiful!
A few minutes before the ceremony, Carissa's mom was trying to calm Carissa's nerves. These two have such a sweet relationship. I love the spunky little expression here-



Yes, I believe Mark's jaw hit the ground when he saw Carissa up close!

My second shooter for the day, Doni Brinkman, caught this one . . .


Flower petals from the rafters descended on the couple during the walk back up the aisle as husband and wife. . . a gorgeous touch!









Mark scooped up his new bride at the beautiful backyard reception. Quite a start to the first dance!
It was a crazy fun reception!!!!


Nice! The mothers of the bride and groom led the girls in the Thriller dance. . . gotta love that!!!


Mark and Carissa, thank you for inviting me to document your day! I love you both!

1 comment:

  1. these are gorgeous pictures Christine! You truly have a talent!

    ReplyDelete