Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something RENTED, Something Blue

From time to time I get a wave of random inspiration that I simply MUST share. That's why I'm establishing a new category on my blog called "Bride Talk". I love all things wedding. While my wedding 13 years ago was absolutely perfect, I do sometimes dream about what I would do if I was planning my wedding today. Sometimes I send inspiration ideas/photos to my bride-to-be friends in an attempt to work out my own creative build-up. So now I've decided to do that more 'globally' and share my whims and inspirations with all of you, my loyal blogreaders. Hopefully, you'll have as much fun as I do and maybe even find an idea you want to snag - or share with a bride-to-be friend of yours.

A few months back I discovered Rent the Runway. Have you heard of it? It is an online store that rents out designer fashions for women at 1/10th of the cost. It's incredible! There are times when a girl just wants to go over-the-top glam but needs to do so on an everyday budget. I'm thinking fabulous statement jewelry for the wedding day, I'm thinking stunning dress for the rehearsal dinner, I'm thinking hot little number for the engagement shoot . . . oh yes, it's got me in a crazy little whir of excitement. And I don't even have an event of my own to plan for! So let me be your personal shopper, will you?

Here are my wedding day finds for you, my sweet Bride-y blogreaders. Today we'll start with wedding jewelry and I'll follow up soon with posts on rehearsal dinner dresses and engagement photoshoot picks. I'm a statement necklace girl myself so that's what I'd shop for. Necklaces are the piece of jewelry that I think photographs the best on brides. Close enough to your face to be in all the shots, but not so close that it draws attention away from your eyes in the upclose shots (a good reason not to get oversized earrings for your wedding day, at least from the photographic perspective). So here are this photographer/fashion-lover's picks. . .

(Click on the images for links to shop.)

I adore this ($375) Ciner necklace rented for $50 . . . talk about vintage chic! Vintage is not necessarily my style but seriously, it is so beautiful and I would LOVE to photograph a bride in it.
Or this classic Ciner ($363) stunner for $50. Definitely for an evening wedding, so very regal.
This fun floral design statement necklace just reads uber-romantic outdoor spring/summer wedding, doesn't it? (A Kenneth Jay Lane $538 masterpiece for $65.)
This Nicole Miller piece is a beautiful and would work well with so many different dresses. LOVE it. ($350 piece renting for $35)
I could see this Badgley Mischka crystal necklace with a soft and flowy dress with lots of breezy layers . . .
And my favorite statement necklace for the wedding day . . . drumroll please . . . A Miriam Haskell design retailing for $825 but rented to you for just $85.
It would be the talk of the town, this necklace. It's just so . . . so . . . everything. The only question is- who wants to be my muse and reserve it for your wedding day? Come on, I'll love you forever if you do. :)

More Bride Talk soon. . . the dresses are coming!



1 comment:

  1. ooooh, love this idea, christine! if only...=) i guess i'll just have to pass these idea on, too. =) love you, my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete