Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fiesta de Arte

Just a quick two-image blogpost for today. Here are the images I created, enlarged, and matted for the art show/fundraiser at the kids' school tonight. These images make me happy. I love capturing childhood!

The first image is my son's 4th grade class (their student teacher included). I simply asked them what they wanted to be and wrote down their responses. I didn't edit their responses, didn't probe them to come up some impressive answer, . . . I just wanted to capture who they are and what they're dreaming of. So what if almost half the boys want to be soccer or basketball players?!? 10 year olds don't exactly have to be practical. :) And that's part of the fun of being 10.
Below is my daughter's second grade class on recess. Pretty straight-forward. Still, kids and hopscotch will bring a smile to my face every time.
Thanks for checking in! Maybe we can all dream and play like a kid this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment