Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stacey and Matt, One Big Birthday Party Wedding

Last weekend I photographed the wedding of our sweet friends, Stacey and Matt. This fun loving couple were the most relaxed bride and groom you could ever imagine. They successfully infused their carefree spirits into the wedding ceremony and reception. Their wedding took place at the Civic Center in the Marshall Gardens. The open-air garden ceremony was the perfect backdrop for the casual celebration they were hoping for.

It is always so much fun for me to enjoy the different 'feel' of each wedding I photograph. Stacey told me several times that she wanted her wedding day to be like one big birthday party- fun, happy, and everybody she and Matt loved celebrating together. When I said she was relaxed, that was an understatement! Nothing worried her and nothing could detract from her joy on the day she married her sweetheart.

One last note before we get on with the images: Seeing this particular groom get married off was so much fun. A while ago, I dubbed Matt with the nickname "Stealth Catch". For some reason, he seemed to be under the radar with the ladies, but the more you get to know Matt, the more you realize just what an amazing man he is. I knew someday some fine girl would wise up and snatch him for herself. I'm so glad that girl was Stacey! They are perfect together!
A sweet 'first peek' series . . . told you they are fun-loving!


I knew this couple needed something a little extra for their bridal party pictures to reflect who they are. And so, came the birth of the mustache sticks! I do not claim much skill when it comes to crafts, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! This bridal party knew just how to work the 'staches! Gotta love it!


Knowing these two, I'm pretty sure that this will find it's way to their Facebook profile. . .



Stacey had the vision (and the determination!) to do bridal party running-shots . . . even though I expressed my reservations over (oh . . . I don't know . . . . maybe) the potential of GRASS STAINS on the wedding dress!!!! But, she wasn't worried one bit and I'm glad for it! I love the way they turned out. Here's one example with some funky processing.
I spied the sweet flower girl jumping up and down in excitement . . . what a cutie!



A gorgeous sunset ceremony with some yummy sunlight spilling over the scene


Husband and wife!



During a particularly sentimental moment of the toast, the best man surprised the groom with a BFF necklace from Claires'. Now THAT is one I haven't seen before! Ha!




And wrapping up with one of my favorite images of the day. . . I love the sweet expressions on their faces, enjoying a tender moment.

Stacey and Matt, you are an adorable couple who have each met your match and I couldn't be happier for you! Congratulations!

3 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful! Again, you've outdone yourself girl! good job!
    love you!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these, christine. just BEA-U-TIFUL. --sari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, thanks for the love, ladies! I love readers' comments! Makes me feel all tingly inside!

    ReplyDelete